TRAINING INFORMATION, TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Classes are filled on a “first come, first serve” basis.
- Registration for all classes closes 14 days before the first day of the scheduled class.
- Registration will not be accepted by phone – online registration is required at ampet1.com/training. Acceptable forms of payment are credit card, check or PO if you already have an account with American Petroleum.
- Once we have received your registration information and payment, you will be sent an email confirmation with class dates and times as well as a reminder of the course prerequisites.
- If you have questions before or after registration, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Student registration for Dispenser and Passports classes must have tech number and either an ASC, SSC or CSC number. Veeder-Root class does not require an ASC, SSC or CSC number.
- Students must verify that they have passed course prerequisites – including GVR Safety Course. There is a minimum of 6 months wait time between completion of safety course and enrolling in any GVR class. For Veeder-Root class you must first complete the Level 1 (Installer) course. Please send all verifications to email@example.com.
- Students not employed by Gilbarco Authorized Service Contractors (ASC) or Customer Specified Contractors (CSC) are required to gain authorization from the Gilbarco Area Service Manager and/or District Sales Manager prior to registering for the Dispenser and Passport courses.
- Class will begin at 8:00 am each day and end at approximately 5:00 pm.
- Lunch will be provided – an hour break will be given for lunch.
- During class time you will not be allowed to use cell phones or check email. There will be breaks provided throughout the day in order for you to check voicemail and email.
- Homework and nightly online coursework will be assigned and must be completed on- time before the next class – no exceptions.
ITEMS TO BRING TO CLASS:
- All students must have a laptop with Windows XP or higher with an Ethernet port. The computer must have a Serial (DB9) and/or USB port (with USB to serial adapter); students will not pass the class without a laptop during the training sessions. All laptops should have (at a minimum Adobe Reader, Microsoft Word and Excel (full program or Viewer)
- Depending on the training course selected, you will also need to bring the following to class in order to pass:
- – Gilbarco Dispenser Course: digital multimeter, lockout/tagout kit, small hand tools (pliers, screwdrivers and a small 3/8” socket set), an antistatic strap and Encore software loading cable.
- – Veeder-Root TLS 350/450 Course: digital multimeter, lockout/tagout kit, two (2) 8GB flash drives, null modem cable, USB to serial cable and a crossover cable.
- – Gilbarco Passport Course: two (2) 64GB flash drives (USB 3.0).
We suggest casual attire that is suitable for sitting and walking. You are required to wear long pants (no shorts) and closed-toed shoes that are not made of plastic, nylon or canvas. This is a safety requirement.
CLASS CANCELLATION / CHANGE POLICY:
- All class dates are subject to change. American Petroleum reserves the right to cancel class one (1) week prior to class start.
- American Petroleum is NOT responsible for costs incurred for any travel expenses due to cancellation – i.e. airline tickets, hotel reservations, etc.
- If class is canceled, the technician on the registration form will be assigned to the next opening of the same class if available.
- All classes are nonrefundable. Classes cannot be transferred to another technician once the registration fee has been paid.
- It is possible that a technician could enroll in a course, but not pass the class. There will be no refund for failed coursework – misconduct during the class could be reason for failing a course. Attempting to recruit a technician will result in immediate expulsion.